Monday, July 12, 2010

Back Home

Traveling is always an adventure. I was blessed enough to experience the craziness of African Airports with my entire Discovery team. Our original plan was to be back in America on Saturday morning at 11:30am. God obviously knew we needed more time to get adjusted back into American culture. We ended up being split among three flights leaving from Maputo, Mozambique to JoBurg, South Africa. Five of us were able to spend the night in South Africa at a missionaries house. Her name is Leah Preston and she is an awesome lady. The next morning four more of our team flew into JoBurg and we were able to all hang out at this beautiful guest house. The temp was about 48F we had all packed for Mozambique weather so we were chilled. But Leah took great care of us and had tons of sweatshirts and blankets for us to not be uncomfortable. There was a hot shower is water pressure! You don't know what you have until its gone. She also made us Pizza! Pepperoni Pizza! You can not get pepperoni in Africa, you have to import it! So that was the best tasting Pizza I have had! Needless to say we all got to finish up our togetherness and bonding time. I was really sad because two of us got back to the airport just in time to catch their next flight so I didn't get to say a second goodbye :( The first goodbye was a little hectic trying to get everyone out on a flight and splitting up the group.

It was a little different coming home and having my family expect me to start where I had left off. Everyone made it seem like I should be overly excited to FINALLY come home. I don't think they understand how much I love Nampula and the people I worked with. I have found that most people want to update me on their lives over the past six weeks rather than ask about my trip. I knew that was to be expected but I didn't realize that it would happen so fast.